1. Teeny grape hyacinths that poke up when winter seems bleak
2. Hearing the birds chirps back and forth all afternoon. Wow, I missed that!
3. How vividly the cardinals stand out again the junipers like little studs of color
4. Bright, fearless wildflowers poking up in every culvert… and since I’m no longer in the big city, they never get mowed down.
5. The clay is so much easier to dig into!
6. panicking, trying to fill in dead space in May, but knowing full well I’ll run out of room to plant by July
7. The teeny strawberries that dangle off my plants